Buying A Cat Shelf
A cat shelf is one of the simplest addition to your home that will increase your cats happiness instantaneously. Cats love to be in an “observing” position because by knowing what’s going on around them they are more relaxed. Of anything that you can purchase cat shelves is one of the best investments that you can make, and they last for years. They install quickly and easily. Between a cat tree and a cat shelf your meow will be in seventh heaven. Cat shelves come in lots of shapes and sizes. We recommend can you first look and what’s available for sale and then pick out a space in your house bo ensure it’ll fit okay.
What’s The Optimal Place To Locate?
The best place to locate the shelf is:
- The room you frequent the most like the living room, family room, great room, etc.
- Close to a window if possible.
- Close to furniture that can be used as “steps” to the shelf.
- About 5-6 feet off the ground. Cats like to be in a higher up position.
- If you have a register or heat vent located close by that’s optimal. Cat’s love to fee the rolling heat coming up the wall.
How Much Do They Cost?
For the happiness it brings to your cat the investment is minimal. That being said they typically run between $25 and $200 dollars. They come in different materials such as plastic, wood and metal. Depending on your choice greatly influences the price.
Cat Shelves Reviews
The Refined Feline Cat Cloud Cat Shelves in White
This shelf has a clean, white modern appearance and features:
- Two separate landing platforms that each measure 20″ x 10″ with a total size of 38″
- Faces right
- Includes all required hardware
- Steel constructions assures it’ll be used for years to come
- Easy switchable magnetic bottom padding
- Ability to support up to 70 pounds
Smart Cat Climber
- 4 different steps for your cat to lay on
- Is an excellent attraction for scratching, exercising, climbing and sleeping
- Since it’s spring loaded is easy to try different locations
- Very easy to put together
- Adaptable to just about any interior door
K&H Kitty Sill Deluxe Bolster Cat Bed
The K&H Kitty Sill Bed is the best bang for the buck for anyone that’s on a tight budget. It’s tan in color and measures 14 inch by 24 inch. The color is tan and features:
- No tool installation, easy to install
- Strong material to support heavier cats
- Has a soft microfleece interior with the feel of velvet
- The bolster has a zipper for easy removal
- Comes in a colorful kitty print
There are a lot of cat shelves to choose from and they’ll make the highlight of your room. You feline friend will have hours of enjoyment and so will you. Please write back and let us know your experience.